Saturday 12 September 2015

Expired Marui MP5K

Well, it ain't working 😕

Battery is okay - powers a UMP just fine - and the fuse is intact. Hmmm. Looks like it has to come apart for an examination and, since disassembling a Marui MP5 is a pain in the ass, I'll do some upgrades while I'm at it. The target is around 330fps and whatever rate of fire I can wring out of it.

With that in mind I've got a high speed motor kicking about somewhere which I think is a long shaft model for a version 2 gearbox and I've just received a piston head and piston in the mail which I ordered specifically for this. I was quite impressed with the result I got from short stroking the cut down G3 by a couple of teeth and I think I'll do the same here. I'd like to be able to put a silencer on it  or more likely some sort of sound hog. I tend to find the most impressive guns are high rate of fire either nearly silent ones or high rate of fire loud as fuck versions - the sewing machine sounding ones don't cut it in my opinion 😉. That said it needs a screw in fitting so I'll have a hunt about something completely inappropriate. 

I'll get some pictures up in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment